remember a few weeks ago, when i made my first spring ruffle top? it was pretty successful, i thought. and i always meant to make another one, with a few variations and maybe a different, fun fabric.
well, with my first entry into the spring top challenge being so easy and yet fairly popular (based on the comments and the handful of folks who've clicked "favorite" on the flickr picture), i headed to my joann's, armed with my 50% off coupon. it was easy to find what i was looking for, and although it sat around the house for a couple of weeks before i actually cut into it, i finally got it done.
i decided to omit a few of the options, like the ruffles and pockets. and then, noticing that the fabric was pretty thin and damn near see-through, i winged it a little and added a lining for the front of the top. lastly, i sewed up two extra straps so that they could be tied at the shoulders. i didn't have to do any hemming, thanks to the pretty embroidered scalloped edge, and so it only took me two quick sewing sessions to get this done:
yeah, i realize my necklace was all cockeyed. but the teen wasn't much in the mood for a photo shoot, so i'm lucky she was willing to take this one. it's good enough, i think.