- starbucks' toasted marshmallow latte. sadly, this is only available at starbucks cafes located in some barnes & noble stores, but lucky me - i have one only five minutes away from home! yay me!
- the bean's new mush lounger. this thing is like a bean bag chair, only even more comfy. and it's even got a vibrating massage feature. i sure wish it came in bigger sizes. she thinks it's pretty fun to sit on while she watches mickey mouse clubhouse or handy manny, and i found that it makes a perfect little bed for naps. and i even put her down in it when she conked out after her bath last night. awe.some.
- old navy. my snobby ass usually turns my nose up at this store, but even i can't knock $8 tops for casual wear. most of the time, i'm kickin' it at home anyway, and i sure don't need fancy designer duds for that. the bean's day-to-day playwear is from ON, too. we both win!
- when i'm being bad and need my mickey d's fix, i've found a great menu item that the bean can have without being as unhealthy as her mom. i just order a snack wrap with grilled chicken and no sauce, and then i just hand her pieces of the meat. she digs chicken.
- the weather! thank god, mother nature has finally realized that it's freaking december - we've even been turning the heater on at night, it's been so frigid (well, for soCA, anyway). i'm looking forward to next week, when it's forecasted to be in the mid-50s during the day, and i can bust out a sweater. AND a scarf! maybe. i warm up pretty quickly. we'll see how that works out. but anyway, whee!
- britney spears. her new CD, "circus," is on my christmas wish list. i've always been a fan, although even i thought she'd loaded up on the crazy for a while there. poor thing. anyway, she looks fabulous, and i'm happy to see that she's making quite a successful comeback. and whether you're willing to admit it or not, you love "womanizer." come on! it's only got about 12 words in the lyrics, and it's catchy as hell. womanizer, woman-womanizer, you're a womanizer. oh, womanizer, oh, you're a womanizer baby. mm-hmm. you can thank me later.
- the holidays! it's taken me a while to get into the spirit the last few years, but it's hitting me now, as i work on christmas cards and rejoice in the no-gifts pact that we've made with a bunch of folks we usually buy for. that last bit sounds rather opposite of the holiday spirit, but it's true. maybe that's part of why it's been easier to be excited for the holiday - i can focus on the cheeriness and love that it usually brings. i'm a little sad for our tree, which will be a bit naked without a grip o'gifts underneath it, but that's okay. AND maybe i'll be able to avoid the post-holiday letdown that always hits. bonus!
- candy cane joe-joes. yes, still.
wan-na find something?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
stuff i'm loving right now
a couple of years ago, the kids and i went to a really cool exhibit of disneyland memorabilia that was being auctioned off. we'd had a...